Passionate. Fearless. Homegrown. Here to stay.
Education and Work Experience
- 2003 Graduated Summerville High School, Mountain High School Extension in Pinecrest
- 2006 Graduated Cum Laude from Stanislaus State University with a Bachelor’s in Criminal Justice
- 2006-2007 Probation Officer, Merced County
- 2008-2010 Correctional Officer, SCC
- 2010-2016 Correctional Counselor, SCC
- 2016-Present Supervising Correctional Counselor, SCC
Professional Experience and Certifications
- 11 years Law Enforcement
- 2008-2015 Crisis Response Team
- Medal of Valor Bronze Star Recipient
- Medal of Valor Unit Citation
- Equal Employment Counselor
- Sexual Harassment Counselor
- Prior Lifeguard at Tuolumne Pool
- Prior Semi Professional Free-Style Skier; Placed 15th at 2003 US Open Big Air Competition, Vail Colorado
- Prior Ski Coach
- Soccer Coach
- Youth Director and Mentor
- Children’s Sunday School Teacher
- Author: The Life I Always Wanted
- Homeowner Builder
- Downhill and Cross Country Skiing
- Backpacking and Fishing
- Hiked John Muir Trail (220 miles)
- Turning our small abandoned apple orchard into a homestead
Daniel Anaiah Kirk (goes by Anaiah Kirk) is a 33-year-old, second generation Tuolumne County resident. Anaiah, high-school sweetheart and wife Aimee and their two young children live in the Soulsbyville / Curtis Creek area of District 3. Aimee is an elementary school teacher.
As a young person raised in Mi Wuk Village, Anaiah enjoyed exploring the woods of Mi Wuk, fishing, backpacking in the Emigrant Wilderness, swimming at Pinecrest and skiing at Dodge Ridge.
Anaiah spent a lot of time with his grandfather, George Kirk Sr., who was affectionately known as the “Mayor of Mi-Wuk”, working on projects such as volunteer firefighting efforts, supporting emergency services, bark beetle research and water preservation. Grandpa George was a World War II veteran who later retired from the reserves as a Lieutenant Colonel. Ahead of her time, Grandma Dorothy served as a First Lieutenant in WWII, running a mess hall and teaching aircrews how to navigate. Anaiah’s Grandpa Dante (who Daniel is named after) served as an aircraft mechanic in WWII.
Anaiah graduated from Summerville High School in 2003, and Stanislaus State University in 2006 with a degree in Criminal Justice. After working as a youth probation officer for Merced County, he continued his work as public servant for the State of California in law enforcement supervising Correctional Counselors. A large part of Anaiah’s responsibilities includes reviewing and implementing the constant flow of regulatory changes from Sacramento.
Anaiah is passionate about helping the youth of Tuolumne County and currently serves as the Youth Director at Chapel in the Pines Church in Twain Harte.
Anaiah is now turning his attention to a greater level of public service, seeking the office of Tuolumne County District 3 Supervisor. He stands for principles that protect our youth and their future, strong families and individual freedoms.